Wednesday, November 5, 2014

C4T #3

Post #1
The first post that I read was about how standing desks can help students focus in the classroom. I was taken back when reading this because I have never heard of a standing desk. How cool?
My first comment was: Hey! My name is Alex and I am a student at the University of South Alabama in class EDM310. This is a new thing to me. Growing up in Mobile, Al I have never heard of standing desks. I believe that some children would definitely benefit from this but others not so much. I believe that children should always have their free time to run around and use their motor skills as Mark Benden stated above. P.E. and recess are vital to our health, especially small children because they are still growing and developing. This is a really great post and has brought this to light for me! In EDM310 we each have a blog and the class shares a class blog. If you would like to check it out here is the class blog http://edm310.blogspot.com/ and here is my blog http://growalexandriaedm310.bl.... I hope to hear back from you!
I never got a reply.

Post #2
The second post that I read was about technology in the classroom. The post showed a video and talked about a high school that allowed their students to use technology. It mentioned that the only reason that we don't allow technology in the classroom is because we don't trust student's and we block half of the search engines off. It then talks about this high school and the trust system that they go by. It seems to be working well from what I have read. I hope to get into a school system that allows these things.
My second comment: I think this is a really great idea. I am a senior in college and I think that if my classes included things like this, I would have been more interested in school. In my EDM310 class, we are learning about technology in the classroom. I have learned a lot over the past couple of months on this matter and pray that I get into a school system that has an open technology policy. What a great read!

Picture included in second post

No comments:

Post a Comment