Thursday, September 11, 2014

C4T #1

The Teacher that I was assigned to is David McCullough. He is a history teacher that does a lot of fun things in his classroom. The title of his blog Speaking of History...a blog about history, technology, and learning.
My first comment was a post replying to Mr. McCullough blog post about his students getting computers in the classroom. In this first post I introduced myself and told him a little bit about what we do in EDM310. I continued to tell him that I thought the kids getting computers to work on in class was rather exciting and that I would have loved to work on a computer in class when I was in middle school. I also gave him my contact info so that he could contact me back or leave me a comment... Well he didn't.
Mr.McCullough's Classroom using the computers for the first day

My second comment was a comment on a post from August 18. On this post he explains of an activity the kids do in class. This activity consists of kids taking technological devices such as televisions, radios, and speakers. He explains the kids liked the activity and were interested in what was in the inside of these items. He explains that the children do not know what some of the inside pieces are but further in the year they might. My comment read that I thought this was a fun activity for the kids to do. I think the kids would enjoy getting to take apart an Iphone or Ipad because they are some of the newest forms of technology that are commonly used. I really enjoyed reading Mr. McCullough's Blog. You should take the time to read it too!
Mr. McCullough's Class Taking Apart a CD player/Radio

No comments:

Post a Comment