Sunday, August 24, 2014

Practice Blog Post


  • Where I live
  • Why I am at USA
  • Family 
  • Interests
  • Major
  • 21st Century educators

  My name is Alexandria Nicole Grow. I have lived in Satsuma, Alabama my whole life. I have two brothers that love to get on my nerves and pick on me. My little brother just started college at Faulkner State Community College and my younger brother just started his Sophomore year in high school. This makes me feel very old. I am 21 years old and I am in my senior year at USA. I chose South because it is close to my family and I am a homebody. I am a member of ARF in Mobile. ARF is a rescue center for animals in the community. I enjoy helping out at the shelter and providing dogs with foster homes as well as permanent homes. I really like to cook, but I am not very good at it. I have gotten better over time but it is still a work in progress. I also really like music. My boyfriend plays music and I like listening to the sound of him play the guitar. I am in the process of learning how to play. I also like watching sports and running.
  I have wanted to be a teacher since my sophomore year of high school. My cheerleading sponsor was a special education teacher at Satsuma High. Being a cheerleader, I was always in her class helping her run errands and get things done around there. Seeing how she impacted the children's lives made me decide on this major. (Posted below is a picture of her and I) I think it is important for children to have positive and uplifting influences in their lives on a day to day basis. I think modern day teachers have the opportunity to mold and make the future. I think being an educator is a lot of work. I think he or she should be up to date on modern technology. This is because of all of the advantages teachers have with technology in the classroom. A modern day educator should be a positive role model in the classroom and out of the classroom because the children he or she teaches will look up to he or she. Being an educator is commonly overlooked in the world today. This is a shame and I think all educators deserve much more than they get.

Laurin Tew and I

  

1 comment: